Heads up on an interesting looking CPD opportunity for 2018. This is for the information of members and is not a Mediation Institute event.
Norman Doidge, M.D.
The Power of Thought: Updates in Brain Plasticity
Brisbane 17 & 18 May 2018, Sydney 24 & 25 May 2018, Melbourne 28 & 29 May 2018
- Super Sale – $660 if paid before 15.12.2017
- Keen – $770 if paid before 15.3.2017
- Early – $880 if paid before 20.4.2017
- Standard – $1,100
Extraordinary Advances in Neuroplasticity
Weaving between neuroscience, psychology, psychiatry, neurology, psychotherapy, great literature, and even anthropological findings, this workshop will both update the attendee on the latest neuroplastic developments, reinforce basics, and shed more detailed light on psychotherapy, and the how to help patients who are caught in rigid, unhealthy patterns, grow out of that rigidity, and make use of their neuroplastic potential.
- Opening. Why do we have two hemispheres? How they get imbalanced, leaving us devitalized, stuck in a rut, making us more rigid; how the hemispheres malfunction in psychiatric problems; how to reset the balance, enhance productivity, and vitality.
- An overview of the five stages of neuroplastic healing, and how the apply to psychiatric, psychological and neurological brain problems.
- Correcting general cellular problems, and reversing Alzheimer’s disease (arguably the most important neurological breakthrough of the last 50 years); the first 200 cases who have reversed their symptoms; preventing Alzheimer’s, even in those with the Alheimer’s gene
- Parkinson’s, MS, PoNS, stroke update. Breakthrough in TBI treatment in the last two years. Hyperbaric oxygen breakthrough for stroke and TBI. Arrowsmith study. TMS breakthrough.
- The power of directed thought; helping rigid, concrete and egocentric “non-mentalizing” clients access their neuroplastic potential. Understanding the kind of thinking that drives neuroplastic change; the thought spectrum, from directed to undirected thought.
- Growth attitudes and circuitry, verses anti-growth attitudes and circuitry, in therapy and life: highlighting how these take hold in us, and our clients; anti-growth circuitry and it relation to depression, and “the dormancy tendency;” using the right hemisphere stimulation to access growth attitudes.
- Listening Therapy Update, more autism breakthroughs; TBI update with complex cases; neuroplastic approaches to multiple chemical sensitivities and fibromyalgia.
- Review, Q & A.
WHO IS THIS TRAINING SUITABLE FOR?
These workshops are suitable for (but not limited to) mental health professionals, including psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, counsellors, social workers, neuropsychologists, chiropractors, osteopaths, psychometrists, recreational therapists, occupational and physio-therapists and naturopaths.
There are no prerequisites to attending this workshop. Anyone interested in the workshop content is welcome to attend, however you do so under your own volition.
These workshops are aimed to bring you up to date with the very latest research and clinical implications from the field of neuroplasticity.
More information and bookings – https://byronclinic.com/norman-doidge-2018/